Is the paint on your car looking dingy and faded? Or is it time to give your car a new look by changing the colour? With the ColorSpec paint refinishing system achieving a professional result has never been so easy to do without costing a fortune – as a DIY car paint job could save you thousands of dollars. It’s simple, good preparation and being well organized in your approach will give your pride and joy a fresh look in no time!
We got in touch with Nathan Jones from MotorActive to share some extra tips on painting your car…
- If you can’t locate your paint code on the compliance plate, try searching the net. The Internet is a great source of information for paint codes and locations of compliance plates. It is also a great source when removing components.
- When sanding, I sometimes roughly mask window rubbers or plastics to prevent scuffing with the sandpaper.
- When spraying over a dark or uneven base colour, you might want to use ColorSpec Primer Surfacer to ensure better coverage.
- Shake the can periodically during spraying to help keep contents mixed.
- Don’t rush! Take your time to ensure an even and smooth paint job.
Product Manager – House Of Kolor, Designer Wraps & Colorspec
Feeling inspired? With over 90,000 colours available at Supercheap Auto, we can mix it for you, click here for more information. Happy painting!